Information on "Strut-mount" bikes and FOX/Marzocchi coil shocks
Mountain bikes (MTB) and electric mountain bikes (eMTB) with "strut-mounts" such as those shown below require additional evaluation when configuring with a FOX or Marzocchi aftermarket coil shock.
When evaluating the purchase of a FOX or Marzocchi aftermarket coil shock (DHX2, VAN, or BOMBER CR) on a "strut-mount" MTB or eMTB frame, FOX and Marzocchi recommend the following:
- Please check OEM bike owner's manual for confirmation of coil shock compatibility.
- DO NOT exceed the shock stroke or max strut length* listed in the table below (consult your OEM if unsure).
- Confirm shock length/ shock stroke for the specific frame.
- Only "metric-length" shocks should be used.
|Shock Stroke||Max Strut Length*|
|Standard Eyelet||Trunnion Eyelet|
*Strut length is the distance between the axis of pivot and the axis of the shock mount
FOX/Marzocchi does not recommend FOX or Marzocchi coil shocks be used on the following bike models. These are known models and may, at a later date, be updated.
- Canyon: Spectral (MY2020-2021), Torque (MY2021)
- Commencal: Meta (MY2018-20), Meta Power (MY2019-21)
- Eminent: Onset (MY2020-2021)
- Kellys: Theos F series (MY2021)
- Lapierre: Overvolt (MY2020-21)
- Polygon: Xquarone (MY2018-21), Siskiu (MY2018-2021)
- Specialized: Kenevo (MY2020-23), Levo (MY2019-23), Levo SL (MY2020-23), Stumpjumper Evo (MY2020-23)
NOTE: These are known strut models bikes that cannot accept a FOX or Marzocchi coil shock. This is not intended to represent a complete list of bikes that cannot accept a FOX or Marzocchi coil shock. Please always refer to the FOX/Marzocchi strut-mount guidelines to confirm compatibility with any strut design not listed.
If you have further questions, please contact FOX/Marzocchi or your local FOX or Marzocchi Distributor.