2015-2017 36mm FLOAT Internally Adjusting Fork Travel
The 2015-2017 36 FLOAT uses an air spring system that can be adjusted down to lower travel settings in 10mm increments. To shorten travel you will need one Neg Plate Spacer (PN: 234-04-627) for each 10mm reduction in travel desired.
- 2015-2017 36 FLOAT 170mm and 180mm forks can be reduced in travel down to 130mm.
- 2015-2017 36 FLOAT 160mm forks can be reduced in travel down to 110mm.
- 2015-2017 36 FLOAT 160mm forks CANNOT be extended past 160mm of travel.
- 2015-2017 36 FLOAT 180mm forks CANNOT be extended past 180mm of travel.
- 2015-2017 36 FLOAT 170mm forks can be extended to 180mm of travel.
- The 2016 36 831 uses an 831-specific transfer shaft that allows it to be run at 100mm travel in its stock configuration
- 2016 36 831 100mm forks can be extended to 130mm of travel.
- 2016 36 831 100mm forks can be reduced in travel down to 80mm.
|160mm Maximum Travel Configurations|
|160mm||Hole #1/ No Spacers|
|150mm||Hole #2/ 1 Spacer|
|140mm||Hole #3/ 2 Spacers|
|130mm||Hole #4/ 3 Spacers|
|120mm||Hole #5/ 4 Spacers|
|110mm||Hole #6/ 5 Spacers|
|180mm Maximum Travel Configurations|
|180mm||Hole #1/ No Spacers|
|170mm||Hole #2/ 1 Spacer|
|160mm||Hole #3/ 2 Spacers|
|150mm||Hole #4/ 3 Spacers|
|140mm||Hole #5/ 4 Spacers|
|130mm||Hole #6/ 5 Spacers|
The video below shows you how to travel adjust your 36 FLOAT fork.
Note: Make sure that the Shaft is fully extended before installing the Topcap Assembly.
NOTE: Oil volumes in the video above are for the 2015 36mm FLOAT with the FIT HSC/LSC damper cartridge. For 2016+ 36mm FLOAT forks with the FIT4 damper please use the oil volumes found at 2016 Bath Oil Volume Chart »
WARNING: FOX products should be serviced by a qualified bicycle service technician, in accordance with FOX specifications. If you have any doubt whether or not you can properly service your FOX product, then DO NOT attempt it. Improperly serviced products can fail, causing the rider to lose control resulting in SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
WARNING: FOX suspension products contain pressurized nitrogen, air, oil, or all 3. Suspension misuse can cause property damage, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. DO NOT puncture, incinerate or crush any portion of a FOX suspension product. DO NOT attempt to disassemble any portion of a FOX suspension product, unless expressly instructed to do so by the applicable FOX technical documentation, and then ONLY while strictly adhering to all FOX insturctions and warnings in that instance.
WARNING: Modification, improper service, or use of aftermarket replacement parts with FOX forks and shocks may cause the product to malfunction, resulting in SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. DO NOT modify any part of a fork or shock, including the fork brace (lower leg cross brace), crown, steerer, upper and lower leg tubes, or internal parts, except as instructed herein. Any unauthorized modification may void the warranty, and may cause failure or the fork or shock, resulting in SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.